Alvaro Morata and Manchester United are waiting for Real Madrid’s decision on whether to sell the striker, his agent has confirmed.

United have been heavily linked with a move for the Spain international and reportedly had a €60million bid rejected last week, with Jose Mourinho’s side said to be planning a new offer.

Morata fuelled speculation he could be set to join United by ‘liking’ an Instagram post reporting the link on Sunday, with Juanma Lopez acknowledging the Old Trafford option is intriguing for his client.

“Manchester United? They are a club with great glamour, a very interesting option,” Lopez said to calciomercato.com.

“I can say that their proposal is a very, very important one and now the decision rests with Real. I cannot say [if a deal will be closed soon] – we will see.”

AC Milan were also interested in Morata, with Lopez revealing their offer simply fell short before they instead opted to sign Porto striker Andre Silva.

“Yes, there was frequent contact with us until a few days ago – I can confirm that,” added Morata’s representative.

“Quite simply, Real Madrid considered the Rossoneri’s offer to be unsatisfactory.”

Morata only started 14 LaLiga games last season, with Lopez revealing last week that his client wanted to find a situation where he would play a bigger role.


Full Disclaimer: This article is aggregated from a 3rd party website. We do not own this content. We just syndicate it. Please help support original source/author. Click to visit their site. Thanks

soccer news

This content is aggregated from Soccernews.com. A news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition they offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials. Please take a minute to check them out. Thanks

View all posts

Add comment

Your email address will not be published.

X
X